Dohatec is an independent software vendor (ISV) and technology firm developing solutions for enterprise clients in North America, Asia and Europe for nearly 25 years. We provide enterprise software services to fulfill needs in niche markets to discerning corporations, institutions and government agencies. Our products have been deployed by multinational organizations and governments to support millions of end-users. Ready to join a team of full-time problem solvers?
Our team is looking for a motivated Database Administrator to join us on fulfilling our goal.
Minimum Educational Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent IT certifications/experience;
Minimum 5 years RDBMS experience
Job Description / Responsibility
Manage all aspects of database administration including setup, installations, upgrades, patches, security, backup and recovery, space management, performance tuning, schema management and capacity planning for RDBMS.
Support Application teams and their projects to enhance, troubleshoot and performance tune while exploring SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL programming for query performance improvements.
Additional Job Requirements
1. Must have advanced and working knowledge of Database concepts and experience in installation, configuration, upgrade and migration of different Databases including but not limited to Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
2. Administration of High available RDBMS Environment (Oracle Clusterware, RAC, MS SQL Server Clustering, replication etc.).
3. Adequate knowledge of UNIX, Linux & Windows OS commands and architecture for hosting/managing RDBMS.
4. Working knowledge on DB Server BI tools such as SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
5. A solid grasp of advanced SQL query techniques in addition to experience with large OLTP and OLAP environments.
6. Expert in performance tuning, query optimization, query execution plans and DB I/O performance tuning.
7. Ability to detect and troubleshoot DB Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
8. Deep understanding of DB Server architecture and security.
9. Strong knowledge of how indexes work, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
10. Experience with backups, restores, clustering, DBCC commands, replication, log shipping and database mirroring.
11. Knowledge of DB Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system procs).
12. Certifications like OCP, MCSA etc. be highly preferable.
13. Team player – willing to help others by understanding and solving problems with them;
14. Strong organization and communication skills.
15. Please note that this is a senior and expert level DBA position. So apply only if you have deeper knowledge as a database developer and administrator.
Highly competitive salary, tied to experience and skill level;
Opportunity to work with stellar experienced team using best in practice design practices;
Financial support and time for training, certification and daily learning opportunities;
Work with highly talented engineers, support staff and management on international projects;