Dohatec is an independent software vendor (ISV) and technology firm developing solutions for enterprise clients in North America, Asia and Europe for nearly 25 years. We provide enterprise software services to fulfill needs in niche markets to discerning corporations, institutions and government agencies. Our products have been deployed by multinational organizations and governments to support millions of end-users. Ready to join a team of full-time problem solvers?
Dohatec’s Data Analytics Team is on a mission to change the way data is used, stored and computed upon for large global issues in Identity, Biometrics and e-Governance. Our team is looking for a motivated Systems Engineer to join us on fulfilling this goal.
You will be responsible for the successful operations and scaling of the infrastructure and software that powers Dohatec and does millions of distributed calculations every day. The hardware and operating layer that powers our code will be in your care – configure, operate, monitor and optimize!
Sample Potential Projects:
Optimize hardware for distributed in memory processing;
Automate processes for rapid deployment and test code in a Linux environment;
Monitor logs, debug errors and integrate with visual tools like Nagios/Zabbix.
Our Big Data projects need to make (a) decisions, (b) experiment on the decision, (c) learn from the experiments and (d) document the process rapidly – be a key part of this, sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Automate processes and services through scripts and tools;
- Develop and design new systems to support production code and services;
- Provide inputs on hardware needs – memory, processing, storage and networking technologies;
- Configure, operate and rapidly learn to optimize distributed computing infrastructure;
- Install, configure and debug hardware and systems in our data center;
- Help solve challenges of scaling on our own hardware and on client cloud needs;
- Operate and maintain hardware running at peak utilization – U1 and U2 rack servers, no RAID configurations, 10GB/s networking, load balancers, and beyond;
- Effectively monitor systems and help improve them by identifying key performance metrics;
- Proactive R&D - discover and implement new tools, emerging technology, etc.;
- Familiar with concepts of disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance;
- Learn to develop NOC runbooks, procedures, documentation, and diagrams of the environments you manage;
- Troubleshoot and resolve server/network issues;
- Participation in on-call rotation.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent IT certifications/experience;
1 year of work experience as a Linux administrator;
1 year of experience configuring, running and maintaining server hardware;
Experience working with software development and production deployment teams;
Team player – willing to help others by understanding and solving problems with them;
Strong organization and communication skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
3+ years recent experience working as a Linux administrator/engineer at scale (at least 10+ systems) and designing/deploying ‘highly available’ solutions;
2+ years of recent professional experience designing, developing, and operating Configuration Management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, Salt (preferred), or Ansible (preferred) at scale;
Solid experience in Linux tuning, profiling, and monitoring;
Strong skills in at least one language: Python (preferred), Bash, C++.
Understanding of cloud/networking/distributed computing environment concepts; including TCP/ IP connections, firewalls, VLANs, etc.
Experience and understanding of contemporary metrics, monitors, and logging solutions especially Nagios/Zabbix, statsD, Graphite, ELK, Splunk, etc.
Highly organized, able to multi-task, able to work individually, as well as within a team, and across teams;
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels;
Working knowledge of load balancing technologies (hard/soft);
Proven experience collaborating in a cross functional team environment;
Familiarity with software engineering practices, including n-tier architecture, configuration management, development methodologies especially Agile (or others e.g. waterfall, spiral, prototyping), etc.
Highly competitive salary, tied to experience and skill level;
Opportunity to build a team and expertise in cutting edge new technology;
Financial support and time for training, certification and daily learning opportunities;
Work with highly talented engineers, support staff and management on international projects;
Daily travel and commute pick-up and drop-off.